Cynthia and Co.

Cynthia and Co.
"My Junk Inspired L I F E"

Wednesday

Recycled Bottles into Altered Art and What about Plastic?

Recycling bottles (instead of buying new) for your altered art can be a rewarding experience...in the spirit of Earth Day, April 22nd,  I'm posting some little pieces I made with recycled glass.




 
Like most altered artists I hate to throw anything away and such was the case with the bottles and jars I used here.  I could see that they had potential so I set them aside until I was ready to start altering.




The bottle, above, was easy to alter because it had decorative lines molded into the glass... I followed those lines and embellished with velvet leaves, rayon ribbon, gold metallic paint, jewelry charms, etc.






This jar was once a pickle jar that I embellished with a plastic pig.  He was adorned with gold metallic paint and wings...I thought he was the ultimate in whimsy - tongue in cheek art.








Paper, paint, faux leopard fabric spruced up this bottle.  Of course, I liked this bottle immediately for the crown top (and that may be why I bought it in the first place...not even sure what liquid was inside...)





2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful things! I especially like the one with the pig! Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Renee! And thanks for stopping by...I continue my quest to find topics that interest my friends not just me!

    ReplyDelete